Diabetes and Sleep
Getting a good night's sleep can be hard for people with Diabetes. A stressful day, being thirsty, or having to urinate often are just some of the problems that can keep someone awake at night.
Try these tips for a good night's sleep:
- Go to bed and get up and the same time each day
- Exercise 30 minutes a day (but not late in the day)
- Limit caffeine and alcohol (especially after 3 PM)
- Have a quiet hour of talking, listening to music, or reading before bedtime (no TV, cell phone, computer)
- Sleep in a cool, dark room